Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Welcome


Many years ago, I asked Dad for Mamaw's recipe box so that I could create a cookbook to share with all of the family. He sent me the recipe box, and I scanned all of the cards and clippings. I even began putting together the cookbook but never finished it because it somehow never quite turned out the way I wanted. So, in lieu of making a formal cookbook, or even a CD, of the recipes in Mamaw's little wooden box, I decided to start a blog. I will try to upload recipes as quickly as possible to share with all of you. I will consider this my summer project.

Interspersed among the recipes, I will include some pictures that I have of Mamaw over the years. I decided to start with the picture I always think of when I think of her. I love this picture and fondly remember the family tree pin that she wore on special occasions. Anyone know where it is today?

Feel free to post comments on any of the recipes that you wish. If you have recipes, even if not in her own handwriting, or pictures that you would like to share here, please send them to me at sharonsoto42@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment